Thursday, November 17, 2011

Short and Sweet

Academy of Entertainment and Technology, SMC
I found out tonight I got the teaching position at Santa Monica College!  I am more than beside myself with relief that I got this position.  I thank all those who were wishing me positive thoughts about this.  I tried to be positive, and though it might seem a bit much to put so much of my personal struggles and stories in these emails, I somehow hope you don't mind too much.  I thank you for your patience with me in regards to this.

For me, it's always been a challenge to do what I think is right and to try and live my dreams. I truly believe that if I can have the vision, I can attain the goal.  I believe in taking the time and figuring out what it takes, and to do what is necessary to create the foundation and do the work that is required to get what it is that I want.  I do the research and the analysis to do what I believe needs to be done.  I have been teaching in some respect for as long as I can imagine, and find that I really do enjoy sharing ideas with others.  I have been working on getting a job like this for a long time, patiently waiting for the right door to open.  This was not an accident, this was a calculated outcome....I just didn't know where or when it was going to happen.  I've been preparing for this position my entire life.

We all have to train and work towards our goals if we truly want to get there....we have to do our workouts, we have to improve our mind and body to be ready for it, and finally we have to be willing to stick out necks out and dare to believe in ourselves.  I had my doubts on this one, and I was in a mild depression and funk when I didn't think I did well in the last interview, but the person who called me told me I impressed everyone in the room, except for the President guy.....but one of the faculty members, really fought for me, and he was convinced. 

I basically did a very good job in the first interview, when I gave my 30 min. presentation on how I would teach an intro editing class, and they were very impressed.  I had really prepared and rehearsed for that and it paid off.  I paid a lot attention to detail and I guess I nailed it.

I hope we can all participate in the LA Marathon this coming spring, and I know if we all make the effort to train and prepare together, we will all be successful.  All it takes is some vision, a bit of heart, and a lot of faith....yes we can.

thanks to you all,

Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment