Tuesday, September 13, 2011

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks...

Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon.....

Last night with prejudice, I laid out my running clothes and a pair of socks in the bathroom.  This morning I woke at 4:45...tried to sleep more...but it must of been that pull from the full moon, that gravitation surge that all oceans must heed, I was drawn out of bed.  I took my time and tried to put off the inevitable, but I was out the door and running in the dark of morn.

To the West....Envious Moon
It was cool, but there was the scent of humidity, as I stretched a bit, and got running down to the lake.  I didn't make any promises, I didn't make any vows of performance, as I just let the body take over...no false pretense here.  I was pleasantly surprised that I hit my first hill, and I was still breathing easy, so decided to push just a bit to get over the hump, promising to reward myself a walk interval if I did.
Lies...what a greater fool than one to believe such lies...I rewarded myself not with a breather, but continued on down, running with a bit more determination.  Finally did take that walk interval....checked my watch...it had only been 9 min....but still no promises.
Walked my walk, and then finished my run....20 min. 

To the west the moon glowed bright in the cold blue morning, to the east, the first promise of the new day sun cracked the horizon.  It was enough to make one want to quote Shakespeare.....
To the East....Fair Sun
Live to run, run to live,
 
Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment