Sunday, September 4, 2011

Great Run at the Zoo

 It turned out to be a great run on Sat. We had another well attended session as folks I haven't seen for awhile come out and join us.  That's what made these past few sessions so great was the mix of people coming out and just joining in on a fun run.
I love it when the Roadrunners get started and I know we'll have some pretty large groups, but these past few weeks with the smaller groups, which are quite a bit more intimate, really felt special. 
Starting a bit earlier was fine, and this made for a bit less crowds on the running paths. We did our usual 4 mile loop and finished in less than 57 min. for a pretty good pace.

Johanna,Patrick,Kathleen,Kelly, Michelle,Arlene, John,Joel, Minerva,Luc,



A few of the runners are training for the Nike Womens' Marathon which will be held in Oct. up in San Francisco, so after our short run, they went past Train town to work on the back hills. (let me know how that went.)

I decided to try my new phone out and took a couple of shots. (sorry Maggie, you left too quickly).  So I finally decided to join the "smart phone" crowd, got a Samsung Galaxie phone which has all that touch screen stuff.  I've been avoiding this for a while since I never wanted to have a phone smarter than me, but finally caved in.  I'm still having problems since my fingers are so fat, it's hard to type on that screen.
But it's good to try new things, just like this blog, or getting back into running.

Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment