Thursday, September 15, 2011

Come on Down

This coming Sat. we start it all over again....the rigorous training for the next LA Marathon.  It's on March 18th, this year, but we don't have to worry about that right now, we just want to get ourselves back in the saddle again.

As some of you know a few of us were warming up these past few weekends in Griffiths Park, and I got two morning runs in this week, just to get myself physically and mentally back into the routine.  I know quite a few of you kept up the running on your own, and there were others who have been training with the LA Running Club each week at the Totem Pole.

That's all great, but it's the rest of you folks who might not have done very much these past few weeks...months....but not to worry, come on down and join us again as we take it nice and easy down the Strand.  A simple mile and a half out, turn around and mosey on back.  I promise, we'll take it easy on everyone, and I'm sure it'll feel just like yesterday when we were in top shape. 


If you want to coerce some of your friends to check it out, this would be the weekend to do it.  Now, if some of you want to try another group, and go just a bit quicker, this is also the best time to try that out too, since it's only a short run.  I highly recommend those who felt pretty good about their last performance, should graduate up a group or two....since you've heard all my stories by now anyway.
Either way, get there early, the parking lot will be crowded, so I would suggest around 6:30am or so.  We're supposed to get gathered up by 7am, but I'm sure it'll be sometime a bit after that before we actually head out, but I'm pretty sure the lot will be full.


It'll be fun to see who shows, and we'll see what kind of new folks will be joining us.  All your fav PLs will be back....Peggy, Mary, and Nancy.


See you there,


Walt





No comments:

Post a Comment